The next general membership meeting for The Hemingway District business association will be held on Wednesday February 18, 2015 at 8:30am, 104 N Oak Park Avenue 2nd floor U S Bank. Everyone is welcome
The Hemingway District Business Association held its 2015 Annual Meeting Thursday January 29, 2015, at 805 Lake Street (formerly Mac Specialists). The event was catered by Winberries, Eyrie Restaurant, and the Irish Shop. Former Village Clerk, and long time Ernest Hemingway Foundation member Virginia Cassin was the guest speaker. Paul Zimmerman (Altierra Kitchens, and Home Furnishings 139 S Oak Park Avenue), Veronica Freemont(Cicada Pi 177 S. Oak Park Avenue), and Kelly Morrissey (Kelly Inc. Electrolysis 715 Lake Street Suite 300) were elected to the board of directors. Our sincere thanks go out to everyone who attended and participated in the event.
The Hemingway Business District Association announced at the Annual Meeting, held on January 29th, 2015, that members would soon be able to display the membership sticker on their doors. Members of the membership committee will be delivering stickers to all the members who have not received their sticker.
If you’re not a member and wish to join, fill in the form and become a member, today!
ST. EDMUND PARISH PRESENTS:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT BRIDGE CLASSES!
Session 1: Bridge Basics: Six Classes
October 15 – November 19, 2014
Session 2: Play of the Hand and Bridge Defense: Six Classes
February 11 – March 25, 2015
Session 3: Popular Conventions to Enhance Your Game: Six Classes
April 15 – May 20, 2015
Heritage Tile, producer of the Subway Ceramics collection of historically authentic, pre-war era tilework, is proud to announce the introduction of our new Craftsman Tile collection, an historical reproduction of two distinct product lines originally produced by renown American tilemaker, Earnest Batchelder. This new collection premiered today at the Historic Home & Designer Craftsmen Show in Valley Forge, PA.
We want you to join us as a member of your business district. Even at a reduced membership rate, we realize you want to know why you should join. Here are a few reasons:
- Working together is crucial to support common interests, communicate vital information and provide strong representation to the Village of Oak Park and other Business Districts. Together much can be accomplished!
- Each member is provided with their own page on the HDBA website. You can use this page as your primary web presence or provide a link to your own website. Members have access to the “Members only” section of the website: www.hemingwaydistrict.com
- Every member of the HBDA is provided with a free membership to the Hemingway Foundation with all of its membership benefits, a $45.00 value!
- Membership meetings and activities provide a rich networking experience with retailers, service and restaurant owners.
- Your own events can be advertised free through the HDBA website.
- A strong HDBA organization helps to ensure the vitality of our corner of Oak Park through year-round seasonal promotions, activities and events that bring local and international visitors to the area.
So join us! Be as active as you want to be. Every membership provides the funding that is needed to keep our district vital. It is the only means of funding we have! If interested, several Board positions become available yearly through staggered Board member terms. Monthly Membership meetings keep you informed of issues affecting you. We welcome you!
Jim August (Irish Shop), President
Jim Solnes (Scoville Square), Vice President / Membership
708-205-8000 / email@example.com